With all of the different laptops out there on the market, it can be tough to decide which one is best for you. If you’re looking for a laptop to use for quality assurance testing, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
As a QA tester, you need a laptop to handle your testing needs. You may need a fast, powerful, reliable, and portable laptop to take with you wherever you are.
So, to help you find and buy the right laptop for your needs, we’ve put together this comprehensive guide- the best laptops for QA testers in 2022! We’ll be taking an in-depth look at what to look for in a QA testing laptop and reviewing some of the best laptops on the market.
Read on for our full review!
Best Laptop for QA Tester
When it comes to laptops, a few things are important for QA testers.
- First and foremost, you need a machine that will be able to handle all of the software tests that you’ll be doing.
- Secondly, you need something portable enough to take with you on the go.
- And lastly, you need to find a laptop that fits your budget.
Let’s check the Top Laptops in 2023!
List of Top 11 Best Laptops for Software Testing
Having the ability to quickly see the differences between machines is vital to making your purchasing decision, which is why a quick specs comparison is offered for the 11 laptops:
Best Laptop for QA Tester
|Manufacturer||Display Size||Disk Size||CPU||RAM||OS||Price|
Apple MacBook Pro
||16.2 inches||1 TB||Intel Core i9||16 GB||Mac OS||
Dell XPS 17
||17.0 inches||1 TB||Intel Core i7||32 GB||Windows 10 Pro||
Microsoft Surface Laptop 4
||13.5 inches||512 GB||Intel Core i7||16 GB||Windows 10 Pro||
Dell Inspiron 3511
||15.6 inches||512 GB||Intel Core i7||16 GB||Windows 11||
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
||15.6 inches||1 TB||AMD Ryzen 7||16 GB||Windows 11||
Apple MacBook Air
||13.3 inches||256 GB||Apple M1||8 GB||Mac OS||
Asus VivoBook F512
||15.6 inches||128 GB||AMD Ryzen 5||8 GB||Windows 10||
||15.6 inches||512 GB||Intel Core i5||8 GB||Windows 10||
HP 15 Laptop
||15.6 inches||1 TB||Intel Celeron N4020||16 GB||Windows 11||
HP Chromebook 11
||11.6 inches||16 GB||Intel Celeron||4 GB||Chrome OS||
Lenovo IdeaPad 1
||14 inches||64 GB||Intel Celeron N4020||4 GB||Windows 11||
Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch fantastic laptop for programming specifications CPU
With a MacBook Pro 16-inch, you get the best of both worlds- portable and powerful. It has a large 16-inch Retina display and 16GB of RAM powered by an Intel Core i9 processor. Lastly, It is packed with a 2.6GHz 6-core with Turbo Boost up to 4.5GHz.
It is among the best laptops for programming specifications CPU and will not have any problem running programs like:
- Applications under test
- Test Management Systems
- Cypress or Selenium-based tests
- Nearly future-proof as this laptop is cutting edge. You won’t need a new laptop for a long time.
- It has a huge battery life of 11 hours so you don’t have to worry about finding a power source during meetings.
- Contains an Hdmi port for presenting.
- One downside of the MacBook Pro 16-inch is its price. This laptop is expensive and may not fit your budget.
Dell XPS 17 9700 Laptop (Best Business laptop)
Dell XPS 17 9700 Laptop has a large 17.3-inch Full HD screen display with a large storage capacity of 1TB SSD and 32GB of RAM. It has a 17.0″ UHD InfinityEdge Touch Anti-Reflective Display and a 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H. It is a perfect laptop with 9 hours battery life.
This Dell will not have any issues running performance tests, UI tests, or the tools we commonly use to connect and query databases.
- Large display so you will probably only need one external monitor instead of two.
- Large storage capacity for all those hefty applications
- Memory intensive applications are no match for 32GB of RAM.
- Long Battery life is another amazing feature of this programming laptop.
- One downside of the Dell XPS Laptop is its price. This laptop is a bit more expensive than some of the other laptops on this list.
Microsoft Surface Laptop is a premium laptop for programming. It is an elegant, lightweight, and easy-to-carry laptop. It is a good business laptop for programming specifications CPU.
It has got a great battery life, intel core i7 processing power, and Windows 10 operating system.
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics, incredible battery life, USB-C, and USB-A ports.
- Serves as a tablet and laptop.
- 720p HD camera for those important team calls.
- Surface Laptop is an expensive laptop.
- Screen size is smaller than many on the list.
The Dell Inspiron Laptops have a sleek design and attractive internals. The laptop has a large 15.6-inch Full HD anti-glare display, 16GB of RAM, 512 GB of storage, and is powered by an Intel Core i7 making it a solid choice for fulfilling your testing responsibilities. This Dell will have no problems running your automation code, test management system, database queries, your application, or anything else you throw at it.
- Besides portability, this laptop has a decent display panel and is budget-friendly.
- No backlight on the keyboard.
One of the best laptops for QA testing is the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop. It is a very slim and portable laptop with outstanding features you need for your testing needs. The Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop has a powerful Intel Core i7 processor and 16GB RAM. It also has a very large 15.6-inch Full HD screen display. It is a good laptop for running those heavy automation programs you typically have to use, or emulating different screens.
- The most notable feature of the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is its portability. This laptop is very slim and light, weighing just 3.96 pounds, making it easy to take with you from meeting to meeting, or when paired programming.
- 16GB of RAM is more than enough to run the most demanding applications you encounter while testing.
- The only downside of the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop is its short battery life. This laptop has 4-hour battery life.
Apple MacBook Air Laptop (Impressive performance and battery life)
Apple MacBook Air Laptop is another option for a QA tester. It has a large 13-inch Retina display. This laptop is powered by an Apple M1 processor and has 8GB of RAM.
The retina display will help when you are focused on ensuring the UI is displaying properly in your application. 8GB of RAM will be enough to run programs such as SSMS, or your TCMS, but is a bit underpowered for more memory-intensive activities like performance testing.
- Apple MacBook Air Laptop supports Java, Linux, and compiling code.
- Get through a few work days with the impressive 18-hour battery life.
- The screen is very small if used as the primary screen.
- Only 8 GB of RAM.
ASUS VivoBook F512 Thin and Light Laptop
ASUS VivoBook Thin and Light Laptop is another viable option for a QA tester. This laptop is also very thin and light. The ASUS VivoBook also has a large 15.6-inch Full HD display, powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 processor, and has 8GB of RAM.
- Besides portability, ASUS VivoBook Thin and Lightweight Laptop is suitable for programmers and testers eyeing a budget-friendly laptop with powerful specs.
- One downside of the ASUS VivoBook is that it does not have a very powerful processor.
- Battery life is also short as compared to others in this list.
Lenovo Ideapad L340 Laptop (Best Programming laptop)
Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop has a large 15.6-inch Full HD screen display, best for multi-tasking, programming, and editing. This laptop has 8GB of RAM powered by an Intel Core i5 processor. Colors are vibrant with 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Reasonably priced option for those needing basic functions of manual testing.
- Boasts an impressive 9 hours of battery life for all your meeting needs.
- Underpowered if you plan on writing automated scripts.
HP 15 Laptop is very affordable and has a large 15.6-inch Full HD display and 16GB of RAM. An Intel Celeron processor powers it.
- HP 15 Laptop is best for its budget-friendly price.
- Decent size screen that meets most needs.
- Underpowered CPU which could get in the way of efficiently testing your software.
- Battery life is an issue with this laptop.
HP Chromebook 11-inch Laptop (Best Budget laptop)
HP Chromebook 11-inch Laptop is best for its portability. The Intel Celeron N2840 processor powers the 11.6-inch HD screen display. This laptop has 4GB of RAM.
This laptop makes the list due to its portability and the fact many businesses are shifting to the cloud. Although it cannot run many of the applications you may need, it can be used to connect to a company VM where you can do your work.
- Extremely affordable and offers many extras such as free in-flight internet, free music, and free Google Drive space.
- It does not have an SD slot, m minimal port selection, and OS has limitations.
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14 Laptop is well-populated with ports. It is powered by an Intel Celeron processor and has 4GB of RAM. The 37Wh unit is just what the Celeron N4020 needs.
- This laptop is the most affordable Windows offering from Lenovo.
- The laptop has insufficient RAM, storage capacity, and a small display. Don’t expect to run much more than your web browser and doing serious testing is a bit out of the reaches for this machine.
These are just some of the best laptops for QA testers in 2022. Suppose you are looking for a powerful, portable, and affordable laptop. In that case, one of these laptops may be a great option for you.
Why is %Keyword% important?
As a customer, entering %Keyword% is important because it helps you find the best laptop for your needs. You want a fast, powerful laptop that has a large monitor. It would help if you also had a portable laptop so you can take it with you when you travel.
To help you find the best laptop for your needs, %Keyword% will help guide your search. You can use %Keyword% to find laptops with good reviews and fit within your budget. You can also compare different laptops to see which one is the best for your needs.
How to choose a laptop for programming and testing
Before you start searching for the best laptop for programming, you need to know what to look for. Aside from the specs, here are some other important factors to consider:
Recognize your requirements
The first step is to be very clear with what you require from your best laptop for programming. This will help you further down the line while weeding out contenders that don’t fit the bill.
Set your budget
It’s best to limit how much money you’re willing to spend on your best laptop for programming. Laptops nowadays can be expensive, and you don’t want to spend too much on a machine that might not even fulfill all of your needs.
This factor will help you streamline while getting rid of too-expensive contenders.
The value of the manufacturer’s warranty
The next to consider is the manufacturer’s warranty period.
In case of a defect, the manufacturer will either supply replacement parts or a brand-new unit. Suppose you’re interested in a laptop with a longer warranty. In that case, it’s best to check the manufacturer’s website for more information or directly ask the retailer.
Policies from the manufacturer: Policy on return & Promotions policy
Check the manufacturer’s policies of the laptops that you’re interested in, such as the return policy. With a return, you get a refund for everything you bought, including third-party stuff. However, return shipping is usually on you as a customer, except when the defect is discovered quickly.
The promotions policy is also important to check because it will help you save money on your purchase. Maybe, the seller or retailer offers discounts or freebies such as a free headset, USB drives, power banks, etc.
Specificity of the information
It is crucial to have the information available to help you, as a customer, understand what to look for in a laptop. In this section, you’ll want to know more information on important features for QA testers. You can ask for a buyer’s guide outlining what to look for when shopping for a laptop.
Check the hardware: Make sure that the processor, graphics card, battery life, display, and memory are according to your needs and the best on the market.
I/O ports are another thing to keep in mind because you might need to connect external devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or monitor.
A backlit keyboard is also important so you can work in low-light conditions. A touchpad is also a good feature to have, and some laptops even come with fingerprint sensors.
You should also check the build quality of the laptop. It should be durable so it can withstand some wear and tear.
The best laptop for programming should also have a good cooling system because you don’t want it to overheat while working on intense projects.
Check the software: The next step is to check the software of the laptops that you’re interested in. Ensure that the operating system and development environment are up to par with your needs.
Look for software pre-installed on the laptops. Some manufacturers put a lot of bloatware you’ll never use, which takes up space on your hard drive.
Windows or Mac? If you want a laptop that is best for programming, it is best to have a Windows operating system. If you want a laptop that is best for general use, it is best to have a Mac operating system.
Specs of the best laptop to use for testing:
The best laptop for programming should have the following key features:
- Processor: The processor is the heart of the laptop, and it’s important to get a fast one. Intel Core i5 or i7 processors are best. The processor is the brain of the computer. It interprets and carries out the basic instructions that operate a laptop. A processor with a higher clock speed will be able to interpret and execute instructions faster than a slower one.
- RAM: You’ll want at least 4GB of RAM, but 8GB or more is ideal.
- Storage: A solid-state drive (SSD) is the best option for storage. You’ll want at least 128GB, but 256GB or more is ideal.
- Display: A laptop with a 1080p display is best. A higher resolution will make it easier to see your code and improve your productivity. It is best to have a display size of 14 inches. If you want a laptop that is best for general use, it is best to have a display size of 15.6 inches.
- Battery life: QA testing can be demanding, so you’ll want a laptop with good battery life. Aim for at least 8 hours of battery life.
- Connectivity: A laptop with multiple USB ports, HDMI, and Ethernet is best. This will make it easy to connect to all of your testing equipment. Ports should have at least 2 USB 3.0.
- Size and Weight: Laptops come in all shapes and sizes. If you plan on traveling with your laptop, you’ll need one that is portable and lightweight. Otherwise, you can choose one with bigger screen size. Just make sure that it isn’t too big or bulky that it becomes a hindrance. For a lighter laptop, 3 pounds or less is ideal.
- Graphics card: Laptops must have a graphics card of at least 2 GB so that you can have a clear and sharp display.
It’s important to keep these features in mind when looking for the best laptop for QA testing. A laptop with these features will be the best option for your needs.
Check Customer ratings and feedback.
The next step is to check the reviews of the laptops. Customer ratings and feedback allow you to know their experience and help you decide if the laptop is worth buying. Checking reviews also allows you to discover any durability issues, customer service problems, or software glitches.
Now that you have an estimate of what you need, including the budget set in your mind, it’s time to start looking at the prices.
You can compare different laptops and see which one is the best deal for you with this factor. Normally, laptops that have a higher price tag also have better specs. Depending on the specs, the price can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand. It can range from $500 to $2000.
Compare Best Laptop to use for Testing
Once you’ve checked the hardware and software of the laptops that you’re interested in, it’s time to compare them. Compare each laptop’s specs, prices, and reviews to see which one is the best for your needs.
Final Words: Best Laptop for QA Tester
Now that you’ve gone through all the steps, it’s time to make your decision. Choose the best laptop for QA testing that meets your needs and budget. Once you’ve considered all of the factors above, you can compare the laptops you’re interested in and choose the best one for you! If you enjoyed this article, please share it and help us spread the word!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Core i5 good for testing and programming?
Yes, Core i5 is good for programming and testing. It is a mid-range processor that offers good performance and power efficiency.
How much RAM do I need for testing and programming?
You will need at least 8GB of RAM for programming and testing. However, we recommend getting 16GB of RAM if you can afford it. This will future-proof your laptop and allow you to run more demanding applications.
Is an SSD better for programming and testing?
Yes, an SSD is better for testing and programming than an HDD. An SSD will offer faster boot times and data access speeds, which is important for developers who need to access large files quickly.
Is Microsoft Surface laptop good for testing and programming?
Microsoft surface laptop 3 is among the best laptops for testing and programming specifications CPU.
AccelaTest.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com